Boost Mobile obeys with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in agreement with the Commonwealth Privacy Act of 1988 and is committed to collecting and maintaining personal information in accordance with the requirements of the APP.
Why Boost Mobile collects personal information?
- To carry out transactions such as fulfillment and delivery of product orders, as well as customer service and satisfaction.
- To satisfy the requirements of the Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA):
- For prepaid mobile service purchases made by credit/debit card, we may use the information collected for this transaction to verify your identification;
- For purchases of prepaid mobile services other than by credit/debit card, we may collect other personal information to verify your identity (such as passport or driver's license details).
- To provide you with information about Boost Mobile products, offers, and promotions.
- To understand the characteristics of users on the Boost Mobile website as a collective, such as traffic, data, location, and the resources you access.
How does Boost Mobile collect personal information?
- Online forms. Boost Mobile can collect and process your information through online forms, including during the purchase process.
- 2. IP addresses. Boost Mobile possibly will gather information about your computer, together with, when available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration.
- 3. Cookies. Boost Mobile may also obtain information about your general use of the Internet by using a cookie file that is stored on your computer's hard drive.
What if you don’t want to provide personal information to Boost Mobile?
You are not required to provide your personal information to Boost Mobile unless you purchase a prepaid mobile service, use a credit card, or enter a contest. However, if you do not provide your personal information, you may not be able to access and / or purchase certain products or services, or send and post any comments you make on, for example, news articles and other material featured on the Website. from Boost Mobile.
How will Boost Mobile use your personal information?
- provide the services and information you have requested;
- processing the payment of any purchase;
- inform you of Boost Mobile activities, products, events, facilities and services;
- conduct appropriate solvency and fraud checks;
- research, develop and expand our products and services;
- Gain an understanding of customers and their needs to help us provide better products and services.
Customer’s Access to Personal Information
Customers have the right to request access to your personal information unless:
You may request access to the Personal Information that Boost Mobile may have about you.
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other people;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- There are existing or planned legal procedures between Boost Mobile and you and the information would not be accessible due to the discovery process in those procedures;
- giving access would be illegal; or
- Such access may be denied under PPPs, any law, or by a law enforcement agency.
How personal information is protected?
Boost Mobile takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information it contains from misuse and loss. It also protects personal information from unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.